Title: Project Manager
Industry: Energy / Renewables
Location: United Sates
Salary: $140k - $200k
Summary: Site based project management of Utility scale wind projects . Flexible Travel Home program - Project Manager ONLY : Work is 21 days site based (includes days off) and 7 days offsite (location of choice); flexibility in the program exists for individual circumstances, travel home program is established at the beginning of a project and is in effect for the duration of the project; utilizes additional per diem funds for travel.
- Safety Accountabilities:
- Leads by example to show that safety is the most important function, ensuring that all employees follow safe practices while working.
- Accountable to continually reinforce safe behaviors and correct “at risk” behaviors.
- Ensures Job Hazard Analysis (JHA’s) occurs before scopes of work commence.
- Adheres to and ensures all site team members understand standard operating procedures.
- Ensures new hires receive job- and task-specific training prior to work commencing. (PM, Super’s and CM’s)
- Leads and support the site team in technical, quality and safety, utilizing systems in place.
Client Relationship Management Accountabilities:
- Provides excellence in the management and delivery of the project, in-line with the client’s expectations.
- Strengthen and continually maintain client relationship.
- Manages the project plan, hosts kick off, and close out meetings for the project.
- Manage project required construction permits as a prerequisite for project inception
Allocate budget, costs to date, forecasts cost to completion, procurement and materials management.
- Develop Contracts and Change orders.
- Manage purchases of project related materials and equipment.
- Maintains a full understanding of all contractual obligations for the project and documentation of variances.
- Ensures that the overall terms of the main contract are passed on to the subcontracts.
- Directs, guides, and coaches discipline managers to ensure activities on site are understood and following established processes through quality checks.
- Follows processes for systems and communication lines on site and ensure implementation is consistent.
- Communicates variances to clients and executive management.
- Manages site personnel.
- Create a culture of continuous improvement.
- Utilizes Safety Management Systems (SMS), Quality Managements Systems (QMS), Environmental Management Systems (EMS) and technical procedures.
- Performs audit functions to ensure compliance.
- Provide a positive and engaging work environment by:
- Align individual and team objectives to department and company objectives;
- Manage and support employee development and growth;
- Provide regular and direct feedback on performance and goal progress.
- Manages quality control program to ensure processes are implemented according to the plan and are consistent.
- Provides the required documents, drawings and other forms to active projects for monitoring and maintaining the EMS.
- Supports developing projects to complete all required permitting activities before commencement.
- Ensures training is provided and certifications are maintained on field staff to comply with EMS requirements.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Advanced level of knowledge in:
- Estimating work efforts
- Change orders
- Project Permits
- Team building
- Mentor and facilitator
- Decision making
- QA/QC Processes
- Development of processes and procedures
- Continuous improvement such as Lean, Six Sigma, Total Quality Management
- Understanding environmental concepts including permit requirements
- Interpreting state rules and regulations
- Project Finance
- Contract Management
- Sub-Contractor and vendor and materials management
- Construction drawing review
- Drawing Quantity Takeoff
- Engineering management
- Communications, leading meetings, engaging teams, public speaking, presentations
- Writing skills
- Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Word, PPT, Outlook, Visio)
- Scheduling software (MS Project, Primavera 6)
- Job costing or accounting software
For more information and to apply, please get in touch with firstname.lastname@example.org or call 646 813 1982. Jack specialises in placing Electrical Engineering candidates in the Utility space. If this role isn’t for you, please feel free to give her a call to discuss other opportunities within the space