My client are a private investment company that invest into emerging market projects. One of their fastest growing and most exiting industries is large scale energy infrastructure. Typically the energy infrastructure they invest into is clean energy so solar, wind and gas-to-power.
They are currently recruiting for an executive level General Manager to head up this clean energy business. They will be focussing on emerging markets so are looking for someone who has a strong background and exposure to these markets with deep knowledge and understanding of how they operate.
This role will be responsible for full project delivery from origination, through development as well as construction and execution. They would, however, like someone to have a particular knowledge and understand in early stage origination within emerging markets.
This candidate will have the following experience:
- Extensive experience working within the power sector with exposure to working at an executive level
- Strong project financing ability particularly in debt/equity fundraising
- Very good exposure to the renewable energy sector as well as more conventional gas powered projects
- Someone who is entrepreneurial to understand new technologies and energy markets and take advantage of regional opportunities that present themselves
- Seasoned project delivery experience in emerging markets
- Strategic thinker with the ability to set company project strategy from a macro level – new markets, partners and financing
- Budgeting ability for project delivery and execution
- Experience in reporting to C-Suite / board level members