Automation Engineer: AUTOMATION/HARDWARE ENGINEER
Oil and Gas – Automation Engineer
Length of Contract: 12 months
Location: Bergen, Norway
Sector: Oil and Gas
Permanent/Contract role – Contracting
Salary –£50-60 per hour - DEPENDING ON EXPERENCE
Rotation: Mon- Fri (No rotation)
Hours – 37.5 per week
Start date - ASAP
My client is looking for an experienced automation engineer to work on the Visund platform on an onshore basis. The team consists of around 30 people, however you will be alongside roughly 6 automation engineers and be working on the Brownfield project until April 2019. You will support them by further developing the automation and control strategy for their award winning technology.
Challenges in the brownfield project can include:
- Installation during running operation and in certain cases in explosion zone conditions
- Inadequately as-built documents and many interference checks
- In particular cases steel structure sections with non-standard dimensions
- Utilization of cramped (partially old) infrastructure plants as well as equipment in an existing building
- The wish by the plant owner/operator to have minimal shut-down time which leads to high deadline and time pressure
- Increased safety and coordination efforts during installation
- 1ST PRIORITY/ MUST HAVE: COMOS Engineering tool experience for Hardware Automation (PCS 7)
- Experience with Other Engineering tools: Simatic ET 200, MicroStation, Pix Edit, AutoCad etc .
- Experience with Siemens Simatic PCS 7.
- Experience with STIDLoop, StidTag, StidDoc on Statoil system.
- Experience with ProCoSys, SAP software for Statoil system.
- Language - Norwegian/English
- Team player
If this role sounds interesting to you and you fit all the requirements above, please email me your up to date CV ASAP.