Job Title: Energy Advisor
JD Ross Energy are working with an exciting client that offers a spectrum of advisory services. They help customers navigate complex competitive energy supply markets through to implementing energy management and distributed energy solutions within their own operations. They are currently looking for an Energy Advisor to join their team.
The Energy Advisor will work with numerous teams and internal and external stakeholders. The Energy Advisor will have a broad understanding of both supply and demand side considerations and be a focal point for our customer engagements. The Energy Advisor will play an active role in the business development process.
Advise the client on risk strategies and implement commodity risk policy and processes, such as implementation of hedging strategies and an active risk management program using stochastic techniques (e.g., value or cash flow at risk), and supporting required reporting and tracking of mark to market and position reporting.
- Provide insight and market intelligence to customers in the form of reports, meetings and presentations. Make strides toward being a regional expert on assigned energy markets
- Drive the strategic sourcing workflow: Pre-Qualification, RFP generation, supplier communications, RFP bid analysis and contract/trigger/renewal deal generation. Find and vet potential suppliers
- Oversee a customer’s energy budget production including analysis of commodity prices, site consumption and non-commodity charges.
- Advise clients on the implementation of energy management solutions to optimize energy cost, resiliency and sustainability within the constraints of existing and potential energy supply strategies and utilize the in-house energy management software to provide reporting and energy management plans.
- Advise clients on the implementation of renewable purchasing strategies including onsite, offsite and virtual power purchase agreements as well as deployment and operation of distributed energy resources.
- Utilize the in-house utility bill management system and/or liaise with UBM ops teams to access UBM required to support delivery of advisory services.
- Attend skills training to meet skills requirements and maintain certifications.
- Problem solving: an ability to think things through with incomplete data
- Analytical: ability to think about all the factors that might affect a situation
- Excellent computer skills and a strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Strong spreadsheet skills, experience with database queries and cost modeling
- Budgeting, forecasting and price structuring
- Preferred working knowledge of natural gas and electricity markets
- Preferred ability to read tariffs and recreate electric and natural gas utility costs
- 1-5 years of professional experience in a corporate setting preferably in the natural gas or power industry
- Excellent attention to detail
- Specific market knowledge on European gas and power markets and specifically GB NBP gas and power market
- Background in Finance, Accounting, Mathematics or Energy and derivatives markets
- Accounting, finance and budgeting experience
- Previous power or gas price structuring, risk management or analysis experience
- IT and programming skills that will improve existing spreadsheet based models
- VBA or Visual Basic experience a plus
- Natural gas or electric scheduling experience