We are seeking a technical consultant from industry, to join our growing team. The role is for an individual with a strong interest in Electric Vehicle (EVs) and EV recharging systems, and ideally wider experience in energy infrastructure for alternatively fuelled vehicles. The role involves managing the delivery of technical projects within my clients portfolio. Projects will include strategic advice on EV infrastructure planning and roll-out, as well as managing or supporting research projects examining emerging technologies such as high-power charging systems, vehicle-to-grid, inductive wireless charging and other emergent technical solutions for EV charging infrastructure.
They are looking for an individual with EV harware experience, for example electrical engineer on EV projects.
- Delivery of consultancy projects, typically providing technical and strategic advice to clients looking to roll-out EV infrastructure.
- Delivery of work-packages within research, development and demonstration projects, typically examining emerging EV charging trends and how EV growth can be accommodated through managed charging and supporting investments in electricity generation and distribution.
- Defining the technical requirements and barriers to the rollout at scale of innovative vehicle charging infrastructure including: wireless charging systems, high power chargers, smart charging management and vehicle-to-grid (V2G).
- Defining requirements for, and managing procurement, planning and installation of infrastructure for ultra-low emission vehicles (ULEVs) in new technology demonstrations, field trials and in support of larger scale deployments.
- Defining monitoring requirements to measure performance of trial sites.
- Developing and evaluating business models for new products or services.
- Developing and writing technical papers, reports and presentations on projects.
- Supporting the business development team to develop new products and services in low-carbon vehicle infrastructure to exploit learning from my clients research projects.
- Co-ordinating and supporting the development of market studies and forecasts to maintain my clients leading position as a Government advisor.
- Understanding client needs, and developing project proposals to meet these needs
- Support the team with timely reporting of project status and progress.
- Consultancy and/or industrial experience covering the Energy or Automotive sectors
- Degree qualified in a STEM subject, with an ability to grasp, analyse and summarise complex technical information.
- At least 3 years of relevant energy or transport sector experience.
- First-rate communication skills, particularly written English and report construction.
- Able to take complex data and present it in a clear and concise manner.
- Confident when facing customers and industry stakeholders.
- Proven self-starter with strong problem-solving skills, capable of working unsupervised.
- Ability to see projects from inception to completion.
- Valid driving licence.
- Entitled to work in the UK.
- Knowledge of the infrastructure requirements for low emission vehicles, particularly electric vehicles, and an interest in the road-map for future development.
- Ability to interpret and apply the standards and regulations applicable to EV infrastructure and energy system integration.
- Familiar with the power and electronic systems relating to EV charging supply infrastructure.
- Experience of industrial research within UK or European Union funded projects.
- Experience of developing products and services, including business case development and market testing.
- Appreciation of the commercial considerations related to the development and operation of an EV charging network.
- Programming experience in high level languages e.g. Matlab, Python, Java etc.
- Experience using mathematical models and/or simulation to solve complex technical and commercial problems.
- Relevant post-graduate qualification.
- PRINCE2 or Agile Practitioner.
- Between £30,000 to £40,000 dependent on skills and experience.
- Relocation package available.
If this sounds like you or someone in your network please contact: