Electrical Supervisor - Solar Farm
Our Clients are a market entrant within the Australian market but are global lead specialists in the development, planning, installation and operation of renewable energy systems worldwide. On behalf of their customers from trade and industry, the international finance sector and state organisations, they develop individual solutions ranging from roof-mounted photovoltaic installations via solar farms right across to complex systems combining solar and energy storage technology, as well as e-mobility.
The clients are expanding their team in Brisbane and have a vacancy - to be filled at the earliest possible opportunity - for an Electrical Supervisor.
- Under the supervision of the Project Manager and the engineering team, act on behalf of the company to oversee all works conducted by the construction team, including contractors, sub-contractors, and associated interfaces
- Establish whether Subcontractors meet technical and contractual requirements established in the contract
- Monitoring / signing off progress of works against construction milestones in the EPC and sub EPC contracts.
- Determine Contractors meet local Standards according to applicable regulations and applicable laws and that all contractors secure and work to all necessary construction permits, consents and licenses
- Monitor Contractors' works during construction in accordance to H&S regulations and applicable laws and documented by way of a suitable HSE management system
- Ensure high standards of health, safety, environment, and quality are obtained, with particular attention to project safety policy, quality plan, environmental plan, and contractual specifications
- Risk management, including construction, operational, and financial risk
- Evaluate construction methods and determine cost-effectiveness of plans
- Prepare and submit budget estimates and cost tracking reports as requested by the management team.
- Develop and implement quality control programs
- Following internal standards, support the Project Manager in the production of construction progress reports in line with report deadlines
- Attend internal and external meetings and represent the company following our internal codes and regulations.
- Other duties when not working on site can include general Engineering activities such as providing inputs to Technical Due Diligence work and supporting other teams within the company as necessary
You will require:
- Degree qualified in engineering (or other related subject) or equivalent by experience
- Experience in renewable project construction including practical knowledge of project engineering; design, multi contract administration, project management / construction management of PV plants is ideal
- Experience in multidisciplinary construction management (civil, mechanical and electrical installation works)
- Confidence and knowledge to communicate and appreciate client needs
- Fluent in English with an ability to write concise reports in English and present to external stakeholders
- Knowledge of engineering regulations, international standards and certification body requirements
- Good organisational skills, IT skills and excellent knowledge of MS Office package including MS Project, Primavera or equivalent
For more information and to apply, please get in touch with firstname.lastname@example.org or call 02 8089 0164. Naomi specialises in placing Supervisors in the Solar Energy space. If this role isn’t for you, please feel free to give her a call to discuss other opportunities within the space.