Job Role: Project Manager – Power Plants (Capacity Market)
My Client are market leading Combined heat and generation business who provide solution from the project’s feasibility stage through testing and, commissioning, system integration, EPC project management, access to and procurement from quality suppliers.
To provide project management leadership through the use of applicable and relevant procedures to maintain client relationships and be accountable for the safe and effective delivery of the contract and services to the agreed scope and specification, time scale and costs in UK capacity market.
- Accountable for single projects and a portfolio of projects with a value of USD10m and above.
- Provide guidance, coaching and support to Site team by managing and evaluating the teams effectiveness and taking corrective action in line with relevant processes.
- Accountable for all aspects of project performance, service delivery and safety management systems by providing effective planning, budget, time and quality controls.
- Identification, sourcing and coordination of effective full-time and part-time resources for all aspects of assigned projects in line with contractual and budgetary agreements.
- Accountable for the effective delivery of the project through the management of complex issues and opportunities arising with the client and their organisation.
- Provide visible, pro-active HS&E leadership, ensuring that all Corporate and local HS&E policies and processes are followed, including any necessary client-specific requirements, in particular, ensure that stated requirements for incident reporting, task risk assessment and safe methods of work are followed.
- Plan all aspects of contract compliance and management to include change control, contract variations and actively seek to develop opportunities with the client.
- Management and oversight of project schedules, financial tracking, contract risks management procedures and issues plus associated project documentation and supports compliance with all legal, statutory and regulatory requirements.
- Conducting regular project and contract reviews, regularly reporting the project status both internally for management and externally for clients under the terms of contracts concluding with a formal project close out.
- Liaising with local agencies for CDM, HSE and other statutory requirements.
- Manage few sites simultaneously in the UK market.
- Coordination of both technical and related project specific administrative activities.
- To be a link between head office and project sites.
- Engineering degree in Mechanical/Electrical from a recognised university or equivalent.
- Experience in execution of gas based power plants in UK capacity market.
- 12-15 year’s experience in the similar field and 5-7 year’s experience in similar position.
- Management degree will be an added advantage.
- PMP certification will be desirable but not essential.
- Able to successfully manage projects able to demonstrate comprehensive understanding of the relevant specialist requirements, knowledge and application.
- Able to provide technical and commercial leadership to a multi skilled project team.
- Effective application of project management tools and processes whilst adhering to legal and commercial requirements.
- Adaptable and well organised with a practical minded approach and the ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Possessing excellent communication skills.
- Proven experience and knowledge of effective and timely coordination of budgets and financial processes relating to various project.
- Proficiency with project planning and reporting tools and have an understanding of Project Management practices and processes.
- Experienced in providing visible, pro-active Health and Safety leadership, with the analysis and monitoring of incident reporting and task risk assessment.
- Good influencing and motivational skills demonstrated through leadership and management or facilitating services to others.
- Negotiable salary for right candidate
- Fantastic Bonus scheme on offer
- Genuine career progression
- Working for a global leader